Despite their professional differences, these front-line employees took it upon themselves to make a customer’s visit enjoyable.
South Shore Convention and Visitors Authority honored these employees for “going the extra mile” with the R.O.S.E. (Recognition of Service Excellence) Awards Wednesday at Teibel’s Family Restaurant.
In addition, managerial employees whose performances exceeded expectations received R.I.S.E. (Recognition of Industry Success and Excellence) Awards.
Danielle Sparavalo, special events coordinator for SSCVA, said: “We want to recognize people in the hospitality industry who normally don’t get recognized, but we do not want them to be forgotten.”
• Carlos Amado, valet attendant, Horseshoe Casino, Hammond
• Dorothy Armour, housekeeper, Majestic Star Casino, Gary
• James Arnold, sergeant, LaPorte County Sheriff’s Office, LaPorte
• Kathryn Arnold, utility worker, Majestic Star Casino, Gary
• Anleather “Annie” Branson, security ambassador, Horseshoe Casino, Hammond
• Victoria Caper, security command officer, Ameristar Casino Hotel, East Chicago
• Lynell Galloway, environmental cleaning services attendant, Horseshoe Casino, Hammond
• Aquishea Johnson, player services representative, Ameristar Casino Hotel, East Chicago
• David King, table games lead supervisor, Majestic Star Casino, Gary
• Jane Knox-Moore, bartender, Hilton Garden Inn, Merrillville
• Adam Moskalick, special events coordinator and graphic designer, Mascot Hall of Fame, Whiting
• Reginald Robinson, guest services representative, Hilton Garden Inn, Merrillville
• Erica Hennings, dual-rate supervisor, Horseshoe Casino, Hammond
• Brian Holmes, chief hotel engineer, Fairfield by Marriott Fair Oaks Farms
• Zackary Mazepa, facilities manager, Majestic Star Casino, Gary